Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Arches



So back in April my roommate Sarah said "Hey I hate boys and I want to get away this weekend would you go on a roadtrip with me if I paid for gas and you help pay for a hotel room?". I said sure. And the Arches trip was born. She then decided to invite others to come with - the more the merrier and cheaper was the thought. So Carrie came and after some convincing Cassie came too. It was a fun quick little trip. Just the right amount of hiking, not enough sleep and lots of laughs. We left Salt Lake after I got home from work on Friday April 18th and we drove to Green River where we stayed at motel 6 ( I think it was) for the night. Sarah was good and booked ahead which was a good thing because the placed was packed and all of Moab and Green River were booked. Who knew it would be such a popular weekend - with the occasional cute guy I will add. We were kinda tired from the long drive which with the getting pulled over, hitting a already dead but huge deer ( I thought for sure we were going to pop a tire) and singing dramatically at the top of our lungs to help Sarah stay awake, one could understand. So the next morning we got up and drove about an hour to Arches. It was fun because it was Sarah's first time there and Cassie's 2nd but her first time to Delicate arch. If I am going somewhere I have already been before I always love to go with someone who hasn't. It adds so much excitment to the trip. First we stopped off at just some rock landmarks and took pictures and then we did the hike to Delicate Arch. After that we did just a little hike to Sand dune arch and Broken arch. Both of which I amazingly enough don't remember ever going to before, so even though I have been to Arches a few times before I still saw someplace new. After a day of hiking, sun, and most of all lots and lots of wind, (we really got sandblasted in a few places) we were ready to call it a day and go. We went into Moab and had dinner at Zac's pizza place. It was good. Then the long drive home. A few of us took turns driving and sleeping. All in all it was a great trip. Cassie was prepared and brought cards for the road but the best part - the part that had me laughing the hardest I had laughed in a long time (up to that point) was just a simple conversation with Cassie gone wrong. Which I would share but it just wouldn't have the same effect. Cassie be careful next time I just might want to see :-)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I just wanted to state for the record that my car is an animal! It can take a dead deer any day of the week. The best part of that whole situation was hearing you scream at the top of your lungs!